Tuesday 15 March 2011

R.I.P to Mr. Tsutomu Katoh

Tsutomu Katoh the founder of Korg sadly passed away today after a long fight with cancer.


Katoh not only had the vision to bring about the existence of one of the all time great electronic instrument manufacturers in the first place but to also stay consistently at the helm of it for close to fifty years.

In that time Korg made a great deal of important breakthroughs in music technology and developed many instruments of great character and longevity.

My condolences go out to his family and friends and I would personally like to extend my thanks to him for everything he contributed to a field that I have a great personal interest in.

If there's anyone out there who is at all interested in Korg's contribution to electronic musical instruments there is a fouty year history of Korg available to read here


http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct02/articles/korg40th.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment